Important Message from Our Doctors!
We realize that it is not possible for everyone to come to our clinic for treatment. Please, look for an Integrative Physician in your area that provides these treatments. If you find a Physician and they have questions, please have them call us. We are more than happy to pass on our knowledge in order to help as many people heal from Long COVID and Vaccine Injuries as possible.
I am Asher Milgrom, the Chief Science Officer of AMA Regenerative Medicine & Skincare. I am back with you after about two years of a hiatus. If you are wondering where we’ve been for the last two years… We’ve been deep in the trenches in the fight with Covid. Figuring out exactly what to do and how to care for you best.
So we are back, and this article today is about Long Covid. There is good news about Long Covid, but first let me explain to you exactly what it is.
What is Long-Haul Covid?
About 20% of the people who get the virus as well as about 20% of the people who never got the virus, but who got the vaccine, get the long-haul syndrome that can persist for a very long time. The symptoms of Long-Haul Covid can end up being a lot worse than the Covid infection itself.
It kind of works out like this. Some people get the virus and they recover very quickly. Then 2, 3, 4 months later, they start getting sick again with a different set of symptoms.
Same thing with those who get the vaccine. They get the vaccine. They do fine for a while. Then 2, 3, 4 months later, they start getting sick with a whole new set of symptoms.
There are also those who get sick initially or get the vaccine initially, get sick right away and stay sick. Either way, the long-haul symptoms are those that persist for months. In some cases, we have patients here that have had long-haul symptoms for over a year.
The Symptoms of Long-Haul Covid
Watch the video : How I Healed from Long COVID Fatigue and Brain Fog
There are over 200 symptoms that have now been identified as associated specifically with long-haul Covid. I’m going to sort some of the more common symptoms out to you through different organ systems.
Neurology & Brain
Let’s talk first about your neurology and your brain.
- Major headaches, both cluster headaches and migraines that are completely debilitating.
- Major loss of cognitive abilities, which includes the loss of language. You can’t complete your sentences. You can’t remember the words that you’re trying to use, people’s names and faces, memory loss, et cetera.
- Brain fog.
- Tinnitus, major ringing in the ears that can be so loud to be debilitating.
- Paresthesia, which is tingling and numbness in your extremities. In your fingers, your toes and your legs. For some people it feels like they’re almost paralyzed.
- Bell’s Palsy, where half of your face goes numb and begins to sag.
- Peripherally, if your nerves are all inflamed, you can have major muscle weakness and pain. Pain in your muscles and pain in your joints. Something that very much looks and feels like fibromyalgia.
If it affects your lungs, you may experience…
- Shortness of breath.
- Oxygen starvation, where you’re gasping for breath, like you’re biting the air because you need oxygen. People wake up in the middle of the night terrified with that feeling.
If it is your heart that has been affected, you may develop…
- Extremely high blood pressure out of the blue. A very dangerous hypertension.
- Irregular heartbeats and heart rhythms.
If your GI system is affected, you could have…
Some of the other common symptoms are…
- Poor sleep.
- Extreme fatigue. Fatigue that people say is like nothing they’ve ever experienced before. It’s as if someone just pulled the plug and drained the life energy right out of them. Where they have a hard time just dragging their butt out of bed in the morning. We’re not just talking about physical fatigue. We’re talking about lack of energy intellectually, lack of energy emotionally, lack of energy physically and of course, lack of energy for the zest or vitality for life.
What Causes Long-Haul Covid?
All of this is caused by a dysregulation of the immune system. In the second article that we do about the science, I will explain this more.
One of the silver linings of this whole Covid pandemic is that a lot of research has been done on the immune system to figure out where chronic illnesses come from. The chronic illness in the case of Covid has very similar mechanisms as chronic Lyme, or chronic Candida, or Epstein-Barr virus that keeps on coming up chronically over and over again. We’re beginning to realize that this is a dysregulation of certain elements of the immune system that just go crazy and won’t shut down. Again, more details in the next article.
Inflammation Caused by the Spike Protein
For now, just know that there are a number of immune cells in the immune system, which has dozens of different types of cells, but there’s a number of them that get activated during Covid because they swallow up that spike protein that everyone hears about.
When these immune cells have the spike protein inside of them they come into a super inflamed state. They stay turned on in an inflammatory state and they persist for months.
Now, these particular immune cells, their job is to patrol the vasculature of your body, your arteries and your veins.
If they’re in this super inflamed state, wherever they go, they’re bringing the inflammation with them.
This Inflammation Causes Tissue Damage
It’s not such a big deal in the big arteries and veins, right? If you look at your vascular system, the big vessels come out of your heart, and like a tree it branches off into smaller branches and then smaller yet and then smaller yet and smaller yet branches until it actually gets to the edge of the trees where the leaves are. That’s in the actual tissue of organs where the arteries are now tiny little arteries called arterials. They are tiny.
And that’s where the exchange of gases takes place. That’s where your blood and your red blood cells are delivering fresh oxygen and picking up the CO2. Delivering fresh nutrients and taking out the waste. That’s actually where the vitality and health of your tissues and organs takes place at the level of the tiny little arterials.
Now imagine that these inflamed cells come in there and they inflame all this micro-vasculature. They get so swollen and so indurated that now the blood doesn’t flow. The red blood cells can’t get in there and the oxygen can’t get in there and the nutrients can’t get in and the waste can’t come out.
This inflammatory state is actually causing tissue damage to those organs and that is what long-haul covid is all about. All those organ systems that I mentioned earlier and the symptoms that go with them, that’s because that particular organ, your brain, your neurology, your GI system, your liver, whatever it is, has become inflamed and now it doesn’t function well.
The Spike Protein is Toxic to Human Physiology
The inflammation that occurs in Covid is specifically because of the spike proteins that are part of the original virus.
These spike proteins are not just where they connect to the cells. The spike proteins are themselves toxic to the human physiology. This is a new thing. We’ve never seen anything like this before. Quite frankly, we didn’t know it in the beginning, or I imagine those people who were developing the vaccines would not have targeted the spike protein for your body to make, in the case of the mRNA vaccines. That’s why you can get sick from the spike protein from the vaccine, not just from the original virus.
It’s these spike proteins floating around on your blood and being ingested by certain immune cells that causes the inflammation throughout your body and all your organ systems.
Recovery from Long-Haul Covid
Watch the video : How I Recovered from Long Covid
So the question is, what do we do about this? How do we recover from Long Covid? Now, again, going back to the FLCCC website, they have listed the medications. These are also well-known, repurposed medications to help shut down those inflammatory cells. That’ll shut down the ongoing inflammation.
Then you still have to deal with the tissue damage that’s been accruing. Without that, you’re going to have a very slow, painful and protracted recovery to get back to health.
How do we repair these tissues, these organs, that have been damaged by chronic inflammation? There are five modalities that work extremely well.
EBOO /F (apheresis)
The first one is called apheresis, which was developed here in the United States back in the 1980s and perfected elsewhere in the world. It is used extensively for long-haul, chronic infections and illnesses.
What apheresis does is filters the blood. Let me explain very briefly. When you’ve had a long-term infection and long-term chronic inflammation and damage to the tissues, your blood accumulates with debris. Debris from viral overloads, debris from bacterial overloads, like in the case of Lyme, and actually particles and debris from tissue that’s been degraded and degenerated and destroyed.
This debris floating around in your blood are classified as endotoxins. They are toxic to you. Your body is going to have a very difficult time healing while it’s toxified. You’ve got to get that stuff out of you.
Normally it’s the liver and the kidneys that filter your blood, but the kidneys and the liver aren’t designed to filter debris out of your blood. The best analogy is a coffee filter that catches the coffee grinds and lets the good coffee flow through, so you can enjoy it.
Your body doesn’t have a filter like that. Well, that’s exactly what apheresis does. And right now, you’re looking at some pictures of how it works. The blood comes out of one arm, goes through this machine, gets filtered and ozonated in there. Then the cleansed and ozonated blood goes into the other arm.
Many of our patients feel their brain fog lifting right during the very first session with the apheresis device.
One of the names in the market for the apheresis device is called EBOO, E-B-O-O, stands for extracorporeal blood oxygenation and ozonation, and to that, you have to add the F for filtration. EBOO or apheresis, extremely important.
Even the worst cases, none of our patients have needed more than five sessions with the EBOO in order to cleanse their blood and get the toxins out.
Modality number two is ozone itself. Ozone comes in the EBOO /F apparatus and you can also have it separately. This is extremely important because of the effect that ozone has on mitochondria. Again, I’ll go into much more details of mitochondrial health in the next article.
The bottom line is this. Every cell in your body has mitochondria. It’s the mitochondria’s job to process the oxygen that you breathe and from the energy of those electrons, create the ATP which is the chemical fuel that every cell in your body needs to function.
During chronic inflammation, your mitochondria suffer horribly. They’re not operating well and you begin to lose them. The ozone stimulates those mitochondria. It ramps them up, so you can produce lots and lots of energy. Ozone also encourages your cells to create more mitochondria. This is essential for life and absolutely critical for regaining the health and vitality of these damaged tissues.
The third modality are IV therapies. Many of you have heard about IV vitamins and these are all very important, but in particular, there are two IV therapies that are very important specifically, once again, for mitochondria.
One of them is called NAD. Another is Methylene Blue. And again, I’ll go into the science of those in the next article.
The other is something called sodium ascorbate. It’s a form of vitamin C.
These three things are extremely important for the health and vitality and functionality of your mitochondria. You absolutely need to focus on that. There’s a whole division here in our practice about mitochondrial and metabolic health. If you want to get your energy back and you’re one of those that’s suffering from extreme fatigue, it’s because your mitochondria are dying on the vine. You need to help them out.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The fourth modality is called hyperbaric oxygen therapy wherein you get into this amazing cool chamber. It looks like from Star Trek or something.
You’re pressurized in that chamber. And in that chamber, you’re breathing pure oxygen. The combination of the pressure and the oxygen causes the oxygen to dissolve in all the fluids of your body so that every single cell in every single tissue in every single organ becomes super saturated with oxygen.
Remember that the damage that accrued to your tissues because of the chronic inflammation and all the arterials and vasculature in your organs and tissues made it almost impossible to deliver oxygen to your tissue. They are starved for oxygen, and of course, without oxygen, the mitochondria don’t function. So how do you get oxygen to tissues that are so swollen that the blood doesn’t want to flow there? The only way you can get oxygen there, literally the only way is hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
When you have those neurological issues, the headaches and the throbbing migraines and the pounding cluster headaches and the paresthesias, the numbness and all that stuff. Oftentimes after the very first treatment patients begin to experience a relief of those headaches.
It’s going to take more than just two or three of these. Usually it takes 10 or even 20 of these for the severe cases, but it will heal your neurology.
Now the last of these modalities are stem cells. I have to be very careful when I speak of stem cells because the FDA has very strict regulations about how we’re allowed to speak about them. Just know that stem cells are the holy grail of regenerative medicine.
If the other four modalities are bringing you to the top of the vitality mountain and you need that extra push to regenerate tissues that have been damaged, stem cells are the holy grail. They are expensive and hopefully we don’t need them, but they’re there for you if we do need them.
Come Back to Your Healthy, Vital, Joyful Life
In summary, as toxic as the spike proteins are, whether you get them naturally or from the vaccines, the fear of this thing, the derangement that’s going on in our society about Covid. The incredible craziness about Covid is as unhealthy for you as the virus itself.
Hopefully this good news and this knowledge will help you recenter yourself and come back to your center where there’s some peace of mind and some stability and equanimity and come back to your healthy, vital, joyful life.
As much as we can do with all our knowledge and science and experience and medications and all those modalities that I mentioned that we have here and that we specialize in here, quite frankly, the miracle of healing is… Well, we don’t take any credit for that. The miracle of healing is truly in the hands of God and in the hands of the Divine. We are simply incredibly privileged to partake in that and to help you with that.
Learn More About the 5 Integrative Modalities
References - Read the Science...
Everything on our website comes from from reputable publications, books and scientific journals, most of which are available on PubMed and other government websites. These include Meta-Analysis’, Randomized Controlled Trials, Clinical Trials, Systematic Reviews, Books and Documents. We encourage you to read the science, in order to separate fact from fiction, so that you can arrive at a full understanding of what is best for your body. We would be honored to be a part of that educational journey with you.
- Raveendran AV, Jayadevan R, Sashidharan S. Long COVID: An overview. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2021;15(3):869-875.
- Stefano GB, Ptacek R, Ptackova H, Martin A, Kream RM. Selective Neuronal Mitochondrial Targeting in SARS-CoV-2 Infection Affects Cognitive Processes to Induce ‘Brain Fog’ and Results in Behavioral Changes that Favor Viral Survival. Med Sci Monit. 2021 Jan 25;27:e930886. doi: 10.12659/MSM.930886. PMID: 33487628; PMCID: PMC7845145.
- Block T, Kuo J. Rationale for Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD+) Metabolome Disruption as a Pathogenic Mechanism of Post-Acute COVID-19 Syndrome. Clin Pathol. 2022 Jun 24;15:2632010X221106986. doi: 10.1177/2632010X221106986. PMID: 35769168; PMCID: PMC9234841.
- Taquet M, Dercon Q, Luciano S, Geddes JR, Husain M, Harrison PJ. Incidence, co-occurrence, and evolution of long-COVID features: A 6-month retrospective cohort study of 273,618 survivors of COVID-19. PLoS Med. 2021;18(9):e1003773. Published 2021 Sep 28.
- Lechuga GC, Souza-Silva F, Sacramento CQ, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Proteins Bind to Hemoglobin and Its Metabolites. Int J Mol Sci. 2021;22(16):9035. Published 2021 Aug 21.
- liu wenzhong, li hualan. COVID-19: Attacks the 1-beta Chain of Hemoglobin to Disrupt Respiratory Function and Escape Immunity . ChemRxiv. Cambridge: Cambridge Open Engage; 2022; This content is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed.
- Hannah E. Davis, Gina S. Assaf, Lisa McCorkell, Hannah Wei, Ryan J. Low, Yochai Re’em, Signe Redfield, Jared P. Austin, Athena Akrami, Characterizing long COVID in an international cohort: 7 months of symptoms and their impact, EClinicalMedicine, Volume 38, 2021, 101019.
- Ganji Riya, Reddy P. Hemachandra. Impact of COVID-19 on Mitochondrial-Based Immunity in Aging and Age-Related Diseases. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience 2021.
- de Boer E, Petrache I, Goldstein NM, et al. Decreased Fatty Acid Oxidation and Altered Lactate Production during Exercise in Patients with Post-acute COVID-19 Syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2022;205(1):126-129.
- Ziauddeen N, Gurdasani D, O’Hara ME, et al. Characteristics and impact of Long Covid: Findings from an online survey. PLoS One. 2022;17(3):e0264331. Published 2022 Mar 8.
- Yong SJ. Long COVID or post-COVID-19 syndrome: putative pathophysiology, risk factors, and treatments. Infect Dis (Lond). 2021;53(10):737-754.
- Bornstein SR, Voit-Bak K, Donate T, et al. Chronic post-COVID-19 syndrome and chronic fatigue syndrome: Is there a role for extracorporeal apheresis?. Mol Psychiatry. 2022;27(1):34-37.
- Tirelli U, Franzini M, Valdenassi L, Pisconti S, Taibi R, Torrisi C, Pandolfi S, Chirumbolo S. Fatigue in post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV2 (PASC) treated with oxygen-ozone autohemotherapy – preliminary results on 100 patients. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2021 Sep;25(18):5871-5875.
- Robbins T, Gonevski M, Clark C, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for the treatment of long COVID: early evaluation of a highly promising intervention. Clin Med (Lond). 2021;21(6):e629-e632.
- Bhaiyat AM, Sasson E, Wang Z, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen treatment for long coronavirus disease-19: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2022;16(1):80. Published 2022 Feb 15.
- Vollbracht C, Kraft K. Feasibility of Vitamin C in the Treatment of Post Viral Fatigue with Focus on Long COVID, Based on a Systematic Review of IV Vitamin C on Fatigue. Nutrients. 2021;13(4):1154. Published 2021 Mar 31.
- Loke XY, Imran SAM, Tye GJ, Wan Kamarul Zaman WS, Nordin F. Immunomodulation and Regenerative Capacity of MSCs for Long-COVID. Int J Mol Sci. 2021;22(22):12421. Published 2021 Nov 17.
- U. Tirelli, M. Franzini, L. Valdenassi, S. Pisconti, R. Taibi, C. Torrisi, S. Pandolfi, S. Chirumbolo. Fatigue in post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV2 (PASC) treated with oxygen-ozone autohemotherapy – preliminary results on 100 patients. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol SciYear: 2021, Vol. 25 – N. 18, Pages: 5871-5875, DOI: 10.26355/eurrev_202109_26809.
- Davis HE, McCorkell L, Vogel JM, Topol EJ. Long COVID: major findings, mechanisms and recommendations. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2023 Mar;21(3):133-146. doi: 10.1038/s41579-022-00846-2. Epub 2023 Jan 13. PMID: 36639608; PMCID: PMC9839201.