You may of heard of ozone therapy. It’s one of those therapies that is considered “alternative” which is really kind of strange given the fact that ozone therapy has been used for decades throughout Europe and throughout Asia.
Watch the video : Why IV Ozone Therapy “The Ten Pass Device” is the Most Effective
In addition to our High Potency IV Therapies, Ozone Therapy offers a multitude of benefits to your body and in return your quality of life.
How Ozone is Administered
There are a number of ways that ozone is used in treating the human body.
One is administering ozone into the blood.
Another one is bagging a limb also called limb bagging. You actually surround the limb with a bag and infuse the ozone gas into the bag to treat the skin of that limb.
Another very effective way of using ozone is by injection. Often times we will inject ozone directly into a degenerated joint and the patient will have all sorts of amazing healing from the use of ozone in that joint.
Another method is ozone insufflation were the gas is infused directly into a body cavity.
Hyperbaric Ozone Therapy – The “10 Pass” Device
I want to focus now on the most effective way of ozone therapy into human blood. That would be this device right here.
What happens is that we start an IV in a patient and this hyperbaric ozone therapy device will suck the blood up into a special container right here. Then it will ozonate the blood under pressure, hence the term hyperbaric ozone therapy.
Once the blood is fully oxygenated and ozonated the device then pumps it back into the body. Then it will draw the blood out again and do the whole process over again. The hyperbaric ozone therapy can do it for multiple passes. The ideal number of passes being around 10. Hence, the other term, “the 10 pass device”.
Why the “10 Pass” Device is a Better Administration of Ozone
There are a lot of theories of why the hyperbaric device is a better administration of ozone than the normal one pass ozone treatment that you have seen with a simple IV bag. Quick frankly, we are not exactly sure. But really all that matters are that the clinical results are significantly better.
We know for instance that when you use a hyperbaric administration of the ozone it interacts more powerfully with the mitochondria of cells in the body.
The mitochondria are the engine of life in each one of our individual cells. If you can stimulate the mitochondria, you are stimulating the regenerative capacity of the body.
We also know from all the research being conducted in Europe on hyperbaric ozone therapy that once you get to about 8 passes of this hyperbaric ozone administration that the stem cells of the body, systemically throughout your body, seem to get stimulated. The stimulation of you stem cells is one of the single most important aspects of the regenerative capacity of your health and longevity.
The Benefits of Hyperbaric Ozone Therapy
There is a whole list of very positive things that happen when you administer ozone to the blood of a person. I’ll name just a few of them.
Blood flow significantly improves which of course improves the profusion of oxygen throughout the entire body, in all tissues of the body.
Another thing that happens in the overall reduction of cholesterol. That’s pretty much a good thing for just about everybody.
Another very significant thing is that it improves the red blood cells metabolism and increases their ability to carry and deliver oxygen to your tissues.
By the way, that is one of the reasons that elite athletes are very interested in the use of ozone to increase their athletic ability and their athletic performance.
When we talk about cellular profusion of oxygen and how that increases the bodies ability to utilize oxygen and its efficiency throughout its entire muscular system and organ system don’t forget that the brain also benefits hugely from ozonation of blood.
One of the things you will see from the patients that we interview is that brain fog lifts through ozonation of the blood. Your brain, simply put, will function better, your memory will improve, your ability to think will improve and basically your brain will feel like its working and brightened up.
Once again, our purpose here at AMA Regenerative Medicine and Skincare is to keep our wonderful growing family of readers up-to-date on the most advanced, innovative and important methodologies of health and well-being. Especially those that are integrative, regenerative and out-of-the-box.
Being dedicated to your edification and education so that you can live long and strong and healthy also means that I want your questions. If there is anything you want to know about, or if you have questions about ozone, please contact me through our contact form. Or better yet, schedule a free consultation with me.
Learn More About the Science of Ozone Therapy
References - Read the Science...
Everything on our website comes from from reputable publications, books and scientific journals, most of which are available on PubMed and other government websites. These include Meta-Analysis’, Randomized Controlled Trials, Clinical Trials, Systematic Reviews, Books and Documents. We encourage you to read the science, in order to separate fact from fiction, so that you can arrive at a full understanding of what is best for your body. We would be honored to be a part of that educational journey with you.
- Sagai M and Boccicorresponding V. Mechanisms of Action Involved in Ozone Therapy: Is Healing Induced via a Mild Oxidative Stress? 2011 Dec;20:10.1186/2045-9912-1-29.
- Elvis A and Ekta J. Ozone Therapy: A Clinical Review. 2011 Jan-Jun;2(1):66–70.
- Bocci V, Zanardi I and Travagli V. Ozone Acting on Human Blood Yields a Hormetic Dose-response Relationship. 2011 May;17;9:66.
- Simonetti L, Raffi L, Cenni P, Agati R and Leonardi M. Pharmacological Mechanisms Underlying Oxygen-Ozone Therapy for Herniated Disc. 2003 Sep;201-204.
- Lerner R and Eschenmoser A. Ozone in Biology. 2003 Mar;18;(6)3013-3015.
- Zargaran M, Fatahinia M and Mahmoudabadi A. The Efficacy of Gaseous Ozone Against Different Forms of Candida Albicans. 2017 Jun;3(2):26–32.
- Song M, Zeng Q, Xiang Y, Gao L, Huang J, Wu K and Lu J. The Antibacterial Effect of Topical Ozone on the Treatment of MRSA Skin Infection. 2018 Feb;17(2):2449–2455.
- Costanzo, M et al. Low ozone concentrations stimulate cytoskeletal organization, mitochondrial activity and nuclear transcription. European journal of histochemistry : EJH vol. 59,2 2515. 21 Apr. 2015.
- Serra MEG, Baeza-Noci J, Mendes Abdala CV, Luvisotto MM, Bertol CD, Anzolin AP. The role of ozone treatment as integrative medicine. An evidence and gap map. Front Public Health. 2023 Jan 16;10:1112296. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2022.1112296. PMID: 36726625; PMCID: PMC9885089.
- Baysan A, Lynch E. Effect of Ozone on the Oral Microbiota and Clinical Severity of Primary Root Caries. 2004 Feb;17(1):56-60.
- Ezeldin M, Leonardi M, Princiotta C, Dall’olio M, Tharwat M, Zaki M, Abdel-Wanis M and Cirillo L. Percutaneous Ozone Nucleolysis for Lumbar Disc Herniation. 2018 Sep;60(11):1231–1241.
- Borrelli E and Bocci V. Visual Improvement Following Ozone Therapy in Dry Age Related Macular Degeneration; a Review. 2013 Summer;2(2):47–51.
- Clavo B, Santana-Rodríguez N, Llontop P, Gutiérrez D, Suárez G, López L, Rovira G, Martínez-Sánchez G, González E, Jorge I, Perera C, Blanco J and Rodríguez-Esparragón F. Ozone Therapy as Adjuvant for Cancer Treatment: Is Further Research Warranted? 2018 Sep;7931849
- Steppan J, Meaders T, Muto M and Murphy KJ. A Metaanalysis of the Effectiveness and Safety of Ozone Treatments for Herniated Lumbar Discs. 2010 Apr;21(4):534-48.
- Steppan J, Boxley C, Murphy K, Muto M, Balagurunathan K and Meaders T. Abstract No. 38: Ozone’s Mechanisms of Action for Relieving Pain Associated with Herniated Intervertebral Discs. 2009 Feb;V20:S16–S17
- Scassellati C, Galoforo AC, Bonvicini C, Esposito C, Ricevuti G. Ozone: a natural bioactive molecule with antioxidant property as potential new strategy in aging and in neurodegenerative disorders. Ageing Res Rev. 2020 Nov;63:101138.
- Molinari F, Simonetti V, Franzini M, Pandolfi S, Vaiano F, Valdenassi L, Liboni W. Ozone autohemotherapy induces long-term cerebral metabolic changes in multiple sclerosis patients. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2014 Jul-Sep;27(3):379-89.
- Gazioğlu Türkyılmaz G, Rumeli Ş, Bakır M. Effects of Major Ozone Autohemotherapy on Physical Functionality and Quality of Life in Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Prospective Cross-sectional Study. Altern Ther Health Med. 2021 Sep;27(5):8-12.
- Tirelli U, Franzini M, Valdenassi L, Pisconti S, Taibi R, Torrisi C, Pandolfi S, Chirumbolo S. Fatigue in post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV2 (PASC) treated with oxygen-ozone autohemotherapy – preliminary results on 100 patients. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2021 Sep;25(18):5871-5875.
- Tricarico G, Isakovic J, Song MS, Rustichelli F, Travagli V, Mitrecic D. Ozone influences migration and proliferation of neural stem cells in vitro. Neurosci Lett. 2020 Nov 20;739:135390. doi: 10.1016/j.neulet.2020.135390. Epub 2020 Sep 15. PMID: 32947004.
- König B, Lahodny J. Ozone high dose therapy (OHT) improves mitochondrial bioenergetics in peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Transl Med Commun. 2022;7(1):17. doi: 10.1186/s41231-022-00123-7. Epub 2022 Jul 21. PMID: 35880042; PMCID: PMC9301618.
- Re K, Gandhi J, Liang R, Patel S, Joshi G, Smith NL, Reid I, Khan SA. Clinical utility of ozone therapy and hyperbaric oxygen therapy in degenerative disc disease. Med Gas Res. 2023 Jan-Mar;13(1):1-6. doi: 10.4103/2045-9912.351890. PMID: 35946215; PMCID: PMC9480354.
- Clavo B, Borrelli E. Editorial: Ozone in medicine: Biochemical background, physiological modulation and clinical applications. Front Physiol. 2023 Feb 6;14:1112860. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2023.1112860. PMID: 36814483; PMCID: PMC9939878.
- Sucuoğlu H, Soydaş N. Efficacy of ozone therapy as an add-on treatment in fibromyalgia: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2023;36(2):357-366. doi: 10.3233/BMR-210368. PMID: 36530072.